Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Official.....I NEED HELP!!!!

Last week I signed up for the Pocatello Marathon in Idaho. I was feeling real good about it until I had the run from heck yesterday. Here's what happened:

So this past weekend I missed my long run and decided that it would be a good idea to run it on Monday evening. Can I just say that it was 96 degrees Monday evening!!!!! So I made it 2 miles before I started PUKING my guts out!!! I then turned around and ran back home to have only run 4 miles. I was only short by 10 miles...that's ok night?:( All I could think after the run was "What the HELL was I thinking signing up for a marathon!" To make matters worse, the boy I have a fatty crush on, who is running the Pocatello marathon with me, came by last night so we could do our core workout and said "so Kylee, I saw you puking your guts out on the side of the road!" Are you kidding!!! Does this crap only happen to me?!! I swear I am cursed!!! So if you could maybe leave comments basically telling me how amazing I am, that would be great!!! I need a pick me up!!! :)

6 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I think that's awesome that you're doing the full marathon! I'm sure the boy thought that you were way sexy--he was probably jealous that he never ran hard enough to puke!

Kimm said...

If it makes you feel any better I heard Amber puke on Sunday in my bathroom, but she is pregnant..whats your excuse!! You are the most amazing, wonderful, fabulous, extrodinary, beautiful person I know..you will be awesome at the marathon. How was that..did I lay it on a little thick!!

Ang said...

ARE YOU A MARATHONER????

YES, YOU ARE A MARATHONER!!!

Don't let one silly little stupid run get you down.

You are going to OWN this marathon.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!

YOU ARE MIND BODY SPIRIT STRONG!

T-Lo said...

Kylee, this is your cuz Tina. First off, the fact that you even signed up for a marathon gets my heart pumpin' for you girl. But if anyone can do it baby, you sure can. Not too mention that you will have a total babe by your side who will be making sure you make it. Rock steady!!

Team Hanni said...

I had no idea your horrible long run last week involved puking too. I was in the car when you called Jeff for a little "pick me up." I felt so sad to hear him chew you up and tell you to get up early the next morning and try again. He's not one to show a lot of compassion when you need to hear "you can do it" compliments. I guess that's the coach in him.

Seriously though - you really can do this. Rough training runs is part of the game. Tomorrow is another day, and another run. It will be better. I wish I could do this with you two.... Thank you for training and doing this marathon with Jeff. It's going to be incredible. I will be on the side jumping up and down in all my 9 month pregnant glory. I can't wait to see you cross the finish line!

Randy and Tasha said...

Quit being a wussy!How's that for a pick-me-up!But seriously, that's sweet that you're running a marathon.In fact, if you want to run a half or full marathon with Tash and I in October in Leavenworth, give me a holla.